Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thank you from Tricia Johnson Arthur '01

Hi Ladies,

Yet again, I am so humbled by the outpouring of love and support by my sisters in making Duncan's tree a reality. For those of you not living in the Columbus area, you'll just have to trust me when I tell you how absolutely special the young dogwood tree is, which is planted at the Park of Roses. Now that Spring has sprung, the little sprouting leaves are plentiful, and I'm pretty sure I saw the first flower buds when I visited yesterday.

Not to be too deep or dramatic, but I do believe the seasons represent a lot about life. And now that Spring is upon us and the budding dogwood that - thanks to yall - I can call "Duncan's Tree" is adding new growth, it just brings to mind that new life is always around the corner. That tree represents for me that Duncan's life is continuing in many ways, even though his physical one is over.

So thanks. Thanks. Thanks. The gathering of friends, words spoken, music played, and lunch enjoyed afterwards were all extremely meaningful to me and my family. How you've rallied around the goal of supporting and loving us is incredible!!!

Love and joy and hoots, Tricia

No comments: