Sunday, November 9, 2008

Infertility and Pregnancy Loss support and information

Hey gals, this is a personal note from me. I have not had the pleasure of meeting all of you personally that follow this blog but I want to put this out there. I have been contacted by several wonderful girls that are going through the nightmare/rollcoaster of infertility and pregnancy loss. I just want to tell anyone who needs it, I am available to talk about anything at all concerning either subject. I am infertility and multiple miscarriage survivor and I know what a silent and lonely struggle both can be. I am putting this out there because since being in contact with several of our sisters about what they are going throw helps renew my strength after our long journey to parenthood! I always joke with people that used to ask Preston and I when we were having a baby already??? I would answer it is not as easy as it looks!!!

As information, Preston and I tried to have a baby for 5 years and endured surgeries, procedures, tests, losses and endless waiting before we finally got and stayed pregnant (with massive medical assistance) with our first, Kaiya, who's name means "long awaited child". Along the way we have lost three babies (before and after successful pregnancies)and also had our sweet Cassie with no medical help at all. I am saying all this to say - you are not alone, and I would be more then happy to help with questions or just discuss fears, or even just talk a bit, I also will add some websites to look at if you need them. But always feel free to email me about anything! Just email the blog directly and I will email you back, confidentiality assured.

Also - here are some websites that have been helpful for me in the past:

Infertility
http://www.ohioreproductivemedicine.com/

http://talk.sheknows.com/f83/

http://www.fertilitylifelines.com/

http://www.fertilityplus.org/

Pregnancy and Infant Loss
http://www.nationalshareoffice.com/

http://www.pregnancyandinfantloss.org/

I also have several book recommendations if you are intersted as well. Thanks for reading girls and God Bless.

Rebecca Devaney Stapleton '98

5 comments:

Emily said...

Beck, I love you, your million dollar baby, your hot Halloween costume baby and your three angel babies.
Thank you for getting out on the blog the right way, I didnt know the right words, but since you have been through it, the words were perfect.
No one ever talks about it. Lets start and support one another.
Love every single one of you.
Emily

Tiffany McCallen said...

Great idea, Beck. Much love to you... :)

Randy and Janna said...

Rebecca - what a sweet way to reach out! I am one of those unfortunate ones who has struggled also. We haven't had the infertility issues, but we also have 2 angel babies, one that we lost at 17 weeks, before we were blessed with our new little man. I was amazed at how many women I had reach out to me when I was at rock bottom, I had no clue so many around me had gone through similar experiences. I was so thankful that they reached out to me when I needed it so much, bless you for being that person for others! Let me know if there is anything I can do, I would love to help in anyway I can!

AshB said...

Hi Hooter chickies - Becky, thanks so much for posting all this information. I remember chatting with you briefly about this stuff at the 2007 Homecoming. I'm elated to tell you I'm pregnant with a son due in April. He's our little miracle of modern science - thanks to God and Ohio Reproductive Medicine...not to mention the pharmacy, husband for giving me shots, the makers of Follistim - my drug, my accupuncturist (becuase you just can't have enough needles) and all my wonderful friends, sisters, coworkers and online support who helped along the way. You can't get through it alone and I was always amazed at how many people had gone through the same thing. So - with thanks and all my best -
Ash Reynolds Babbitt - '91

MissRebecca said...

Oh Jana - I am so sorry for your losses, I cannot imagine the late loss. I am so glad that God has blessed you with such a wonderul family.

Ash!! Congrats on your bubbah boy! I am so happy everything worked for you... it is so amazing isnt it! Cannot wait to hear all about you new little guy when he makes his appearence in April!!!

Love you girls and I am continuing to pray or you girls who are still going through the roller coasters. Love, prayers and babydust to you all. Please email any time!!!

Beck