Friday, December 21, 2007

From our sweet Tricia...

Hi Ladies,

I am writing to say thanks. It has become clear to me over the past year what the true meaning of "love" is... that it is selfless and without expectation. And that's what the ladies of Sigma Alpha Tau have offered me in recent months. The cards and thoughtful words have been a launch pad to lift me up when there were/are moments of sadness. The presence at Duncan's visitation brought to life how the OWLS community is alive and extremely supportive. In practical ways, I have been gifted with a huge freezer, a clean-cut lawn (as a result of "Project Rake the Arthur's Leaves!"), and several restaurant gift cards to get past the nights my little butt doesn't have the energy to ponder dinner. And, not to mention, the individual acts of compassion the nice little mail man conitnued to surprised me by: Cheryl cookies, fruit baskets, and more.

Honestly, it feels overwhelming. But, as I stated in this year's Christmas letter, I have learned the difficult lesson of letting go of the burden of knowing I will never be able to repay your love. So, please know that I fully appreciate all the care you've physically provided me, all the care you've emotionally provided me, and all the care you've spiritually provided me (I know the prayers have been abundant).

In deep graitude,
Tricia and the Arthur Family

No comments: