Saturday, February 23, 2008

Owl Update ~ Melissa Mahaffey Garden


Here is what Melissa has been up to! So good to hear from her, she was my first pledge!

We live outside of Chicago. We are about 45 minutes from the city. We've been back from Singapore for 8 months now and haven't ventured there yet! (Can you believe that?) I'm teaching in a large suburban district. My commute is 30 minutes, which by Chicago standards is short. Derek's commute can take him up to an hour. (My commute in Westerville was 5 minutes...boy do I miss those days!) I'm teaching 8th grade math, and I really enjoy it. Delaney is 4 and a half and a busy bee. She loves being with her friends and loves school. Derek got his MBA from OSU two years ago and is working for Motorola now. Unfortunately he doesn't bring home any free phones for me!!! We'd love, love, love to have people come visit. We get lonely out here (and I need an excuse to go to the city)!

No comments: