Saturday, November 3, 2007

Operation Owls: Arthur Leaf Raking

Hello all!

I love that Emy started this blog for us. What a great way to keep in touch!

So, here is the latest on the Tricia Johnson Arthur leaf-raking mission...As of now, the plans are to be at her house at 2 PM on Sunday, Nov. 11, to rake the leaves. Tricia lives at 252 Winthrop Ave. Columbus, OH 43214.

I have sent an e-mail to Tricia to make sure that date will work for her, but as many of you know, she's out of town for the weekend getting some much-needed R&R. Once I hear back from her, I will send out a message via e-mail and post a confirmation here as well.

To make this afternoon a success, I need your help. Please let me know if you're willing to contribute:

- Yourself for manual labor :)
- A lawn bag or two to clean up the leaves
- Rakes to borrow for the afternoon
- Hot cider (in a big thermos) or other drinks & cups
- A fun snack to share with our rakers & the arthurs (salty or sweet, it doesn't matter)

From the few bits I've heard about the Arthurs' lawn, I don't think it will take all that long to tidy up. I still encourage everyone who can make it to come out, though, as I know it's always a treat to visit with one another and to cheer up one of the nicest sisters in Owl history.

If you can't participate that day but would like to pitch in with supplies or snacks, I would be willing to collect things all next week at my office in Westerville (99 North State Street), or feel free to send your goodies with a friend who can be there.

Finally, Becky Smith e-mailed me this adorable picture of Jackson Arthur yesterday. Looks like those leaves are ready for us! :)



With much love & hoots,

Tiffany Compan McCallen
tiffanymccallen@hotmail.com
614-329-7011

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a sweet picture of Jackson. Thank you for organizing this, Adam and I and the troops will be there.
Love,
Em

Anonymous said...

What an adorable pic! Gives me a few ideas. I am probably not able to attend especially since Brody is now sick again.